Conquer The Woods are able to deliver a 6 week course of sessions for children and young people who may exhibit challenging behaviour within school to help them to address some of the difficulties that they face and to enable them to develop different coping strategies.
Our Forest School & Outdoor Activity programme will help young people to develop relationships with peers and positive adult role models to support their personal development and subsequently to raise self-esteem and self-confidence.
Our programme will include:
- Setting Goals
- Team Building
- Achieving Goals through increased cooperation
- Recognising and reviewing own and others achievements.
Our programme, working in the natural environment has proven benefits in the following areas:
• Greater engagement with the curriculum as a whole
• Reduced anxiety
• Purposeful activity where relationships, trust and empathy are built
• Greater responsibility and opportunities to learn about emotional and physical safety
Forest School has been shown to be beneficial for children with limited experience of the outdoors and those whose preferred learning style is kinaesthetic, including children with BESD and now can be found as a prevalant intervention in schools throughout the country for all ages.Knight, 2011